Starting in June 2014 it became possible to register a .UK directly at the second level such as lexsynergy.uk alongside existing domains such as lexsynergy.co.uk and lexsynergy.org.uk.
Who can currently
register a .UK domain name?
If you have a co.uk domain name you have 5 years to register the equivalent .uk domain name.
If two or more domains exist with the same name such as lexsynergy.co.uk and lexsynergy.org.uk, the co.uk will be offered the .uk equivalent. Where there is no co.uk, the org.uk will be offered the new .uk equivalent. Where there is no co.uk, org.uk, the me.uk will be offered the new .uk equivalent.
* If you do not renew your domain you will lose the right of first refusal
* Any domain not renewed will no longer carry your right of first refusal
* The domain is free for the first year. After that normal annual fees apply (see fees below)
Why Choose to register your reserved .uk name?
*It’s a shorter UK focused web domain for businesses and individuals. It brings the UK domain space in line with the more familiar international format of other shorter country codes like .de and .fr
*A .UK domain puts the emphasis firmly on your brand – exactly where it should be, to help you reach a wider audience and increase sales
* It brings all the same benefits of trust, reliability and credibility as the .co.uk, .org.uk and other members of the UK domain family
* .UK is easier to remember and firmly states where you are and who your audience is
* Being shorter the .UK domain lends itself well to social media channels such as Twitter where every character counts
UK address for service required
An address for service in the UK is required for foreign registrants, which we will offer at no additional cost.
How to register?
You can register your .UK domain from the Lexsynergy control panel or alternatively email the domains you wish to register to email@example.com and we will process them for you.
£8 per year
All costs exclude VAT.