UNR has announced they will be reactivating the UniEPS and UniEPS+ blocking services beginning 1 June 2021. They had previously suspended new orders due to the fact UNR was auctioning off ownership of their 23 TLDs. Here are the topline details of the new UniEPS and UniEPS+
- Existing blocks will remain as is and include all TLDs until their current expiration date
- Once the blocks expire, owners will have an option to continue renewing for a 1-year term.
- New blocks and renewal on existing blocks will only include the following TLDs: .click, .country, .gift, .help, .hiphop, .hiv, .juegos, .link, .sexy, .tattoo.
- New blocks and renewal on existing blocks will NOT include the following TLDs: .audio, .blackfriday, .christmas, .diet, .flowers, .game, .guitars, .hosting, .lol, .mom, .photo, .pics, .property.
- If existing block owners wish to register their trademark in any of the TLDs that are being removed from UniEPS, they can defensively register their trademarks immediately, even while the block is still active. Once the block is expired, the domains not registered will become available to everyone on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, if an existing block owner does wish to register the defensive domains, they should do so prior to the block expiring.
If you have any questions about the new UniEPS or UniEPS+ blocking services, please email your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.