|Open From 21 March '16|
.barcelona is the first city gTLD to launch for Spain. It will be an online identity for companies and individuals associated with the vibrant city of Barcelona. This new gTLD is essential for any company that has an EU presence.
The following criteria applies to all phases. The Registrant must be linked to the Barcelona community throughout the entirety of the Registration. The link must be:
* In relation to tourism;
* Commercial; or
* In relation to any other activity conducive to the welfare of the Barcelona community.
In addition, the use of the .Barcelona domain name for must be:
* generally accepted as legitimate; and
* conducive to welfare of the Barcelona community; and
* commensurate to role and importance of domain; and
* abide by the Catalan law regarding consumer protection, product and services labelling, advertising and fair communication; and
* compliant with current linguistic protection laws; and
* based on good faith at registration and thereafter.
Reserved Domain Names
Some domain names are reserved names; these are names which are ineligible for registration due to ICANN restrictions or Registry Operator designation. Certain Domain names have been classified as Premium and will be sold at higher prices. If you wish to apply for a Premium domain name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to process your application.