|Open From 27 January '16|
The .WINE and .VIN TLDs will create a unique and marketable online space for anyone connected to the wine industry including wineries and vineyards, retailers, distributors and enthusiasts.
The Pioneer Program for .VIN allows qualified wineries and vineyards to secure a .VIN domain name prior to or during the Sunrise phase at no cost for the first two years.
Benefits of the Pioneer Program:
* Be a first mover - obtain a .wine / .vin domain name before anyone else
* NO PARTICIPATION COST and registration fee waived for 2 years
* Many naming options available from exact match brand names to valuable generic terms
* Minimal technical requirements - simply redirect your existing site to .wine / .vin domain or use new URL as an opportunity to create a microsite, promotional campaign, product launch, consumer experience, etc.
* Create a promotional story and opportunity to reach / communicate with customers.
* Demonstrate awareness of new and innovative industry happenings.
* Inclusion in the official .WINE PR and press outreach.
Requirements of the Pioneer Program:
* URL resolution of .wine / .vin domain name in the browser (IP 301 redirect or DNS CNAME satisfy requirements - Lexsynergy can assist with this)
* Must promote the domain in some way. This "promotion" requirement has been designed to harmonize with your brand's existing marketing and communications strategy and can include: change of social media profiles to reflect new URL, social media communications of new address (Twitter, Facebook), offline/online advertisements listing new .wine /.vin URL, press release and promotion in partnership with Donuts, promotional webpage or microsite, etc.
* Must go live / promote site before 20 January 2016
Reserved Domain Names
Some domain names are reserved names; these are names which are ineligible for registration due to ICANN restrictions or Registry Operator designation. Certain Domain names have been classified as Premium and will be sold at higher prices. If you wish to apply for a Premium domain name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to process your application.
|Registration Periods||1 year|
|Renewal Periods||1 - 10 years|
|Local Presence||Not Required|