Vienna or Wien (German), the capital city, state and commercial centre of Austria, is well-known for its Opera, musicians, philosophers and now for being one of the first cities to launch its own Top Level Domain (TLD).
.wien provides Viennese and those that conduct business in the city or state with an opportunity to establish a unique localised online presence.
The emphasis is on local so all .wien domain names must have a local address in Vienna. Lexsynergy offers a local presence for those outside of Vienna.
The Sunrise started on 11 February 2014 and ends on 30 April 2014. More launch information can be found on our .wien page at http://www.lexsynergy.com/wien.
The Sunrise fees are on the high side (as set by the registry) but this should not be a deterrent for trade marks owners with rights in Vienna, Austria or the EU.
If you do not have a validated trade mark you can still submit a Sunrise application based on one of the following:
* registered Austrian trademark
* community trade mark
* international trademark extended to Austria
* geographical indications or designations of origin
* non-registered trademark with a secondary meaning
* the Business Name (Section 17 of the Austrian Business Code [UGB])
* the specific name of a business within the scope of application of Section 9 of the Austrian Federal Statute against Unfair Trade Practices [UWG]
* names or pseudonyms/aliases (Section 43 of the Austrian General Civil Code [ABGB])
* titles that are protected pursuant to Section 80 of the Austrian Copyright Act [UrhG] or Section 9 UWG.
* names of monuments, churches, etc.
Register your .wien domain at www.lexsynergy.com.
As a TMCH Agent you can submit your trade mark to us for validation with the TMCH.
Email [email protected] should you require assistance or advice on how to protect your trade mark within this new gTLD and others.